Friday, January 20, 2012

Vegan Apple Bread



Love quick breads. Love them.

Yesterday, in an effort to warm up our kitchen and use up some of the nearly inedible apples in our crisper, I made a vegan version of apple bread. It was fabulous.We have been enjoying it all week for breakfast.

Here's the recipe:

-In a small bowl combine 2 cups cooked apple chunks or chunky apple sauce or just apple sauce, 1/4 cup oil, 1/4 cup honey. (I also had some grated zucchini on hand so I threw that in. It was about a scant 1/4 cup.)
-In a larger bowl combine 1 cup white flour, 1 cup wheat flour, 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp baking soda, 1/4 cup brown sugar, a few dashes of cinnamon and nutmeg.
-Add wet to dry plus 1 cup soy/coconut/almond/rice milk. Don't over mix.
-Pour into greased loaf pan and cook at 350 for about 1 hour.

2 comments:

  1. Rachel! I followed your recipe to use up my inedible produce (don't get me started on mealy apples...) and this seemingly never-ending jar of applesauce in my fridge. It was really tasty. And it is far more versatile than just a breakfast food. In fact, it was a great accompaniment to every meal, a delicious little treat with afternoon coffee, and an excellent appetizer to snack on while cooking dinner. Needless to say, the loaf did not last long around me...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really loved reading your Content I had a wonderful experience ❤ loved the good work but I'll really appreciate it, if you could check my site on My Blog

    ReplyDelete