Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentine's Day

My family is still in the throws of our plague month. Kara broke her personal record for a fever clocking in with a temp of 104 this morning. Yikes! My poor bunny.


How do you know your kid is really sick? In the amount of time it took me to read Jamie a story and put him down for a nap, she conked out on the sofa and didn't even wake up when the dog started psychotically barking at a FedEx truck.

Enough about sickness...It is Valentine's Day, so I thought I would mention a few things I love:


-The way my little girl holds my hand when we are snuggling in bed.
-The way my little boy says, "Yeah sure!" to pretty much any question you ask him these days.
-The fact that Dave has emailed about 10 times today to check in on his baby girl.
-My mom's willingness to stay with the kids long enough for me to drop Kara's Valentines off at school, grab some eggs at the corner store and savor a few minutes of alone time.
-That Kara's teacher was planning to stop at our house on her way home to drop off Kara's Valentines and a cupcake from the class party. Good gracious! Best teacher ever.
-The contents of the card Kara made for us in school, "Dear Mom and Dad I think I know why you love me because I play with my brother we play goo goos together."



Happy Valentine's Day!

PS: For a very sweet and funny take on this "holiday", check out Dinner a Love Story's post today.

1 comment:

  1. Awww...sorry to hear she is so sick. I hope she feels better soon. That card is adorable!!! And yes ... best teacher ever! You're blessed!

    ReplyDelete