Friday, March 25, 2011

Nutella Snack Attack


I discovered Nutella on my sophomore summer European odyssey back in 1992. At that time it wasn't sold in average American grocery stores, or at least not at grocery stores I shopped at in my 20s. Now Nutella is a ubiquitous presence in pretty much any store you can find. It appears on restaurant menus and in ads in magazines. If you Google "Nutella recipes"  you get over 10 million results. No exaggeration.

If for some reason you don't have a jar of Nutella in your cabinet, I ask you, "What the hell is wrong with you?" Thanks god for Nutella! Nutella is fracking awesome! I buy it at Costco in a two pack of 16 ounce jars. And we go through them. On waffles, toast, graham crackers, a spoon. I have yet to find an application of Nutella that I dislike.

Now our kids have come into the Nutella fold. If Jamie sees the Nutella jar on the counter, he will run around the kitchen yelling, "More 'tella! More 'tella!" Their new favorite snack: Banana with Nutella.

Kara: "Nutella is the best snack ever!"




Jamie: "Must get all Nutella...Must get all Nutella..."


Here are some Nutella blog posts worth checking out.

Nutella Chip Cookies
Smitten Kitchen's Peanutella
Peanut Butter Nutella Brownies

No comments:

Post a Comment