Friday, January 13, 2012

Miso Tofu


The other day I saw a recipe for Grilled Tofu Salad with Miso Dressing on Steamy Kitchen. It looked delicious, so I gave it a try. But of course, I didn't really follow the recipe. Not exactly anyway.

Here's what I did:
-Slice a block of extra firm tofu into about 7-8 slices. Press them between dish towels to get out some of the moisture.
-In a small bowl, I mixed:
  • 4 tsp miso paste
  • dash of soy sauce
  • 1 tbsp mirin
  • 1tbsp rice vinegar
  • juice of 1/2 lime
  • juice of 1/2 orange
  • 2 tbsp honey
  • 2 tbsp warm water
  • dash of sriracha 
-Then I put the dish in the microwave for 20 seconds to warm it all up - it needs to be warm to dissolve the miso and honey.
-Season to taste and then pour half over the tofu.
-I broiled the tofu for about 7 min/side, but you could fry or grill it too.
-For the salad, I just made a basic salad. But I added the juice from the second half of the orange and little sesame oil to the remaining marinade to convert it to salad dressing.

No comments:

Post a Comment