Saturday, June 4, 2011

Water Play

My brother in law Frank, when he is channeling his inner curmudgeon, likes to point out that kids have too many toys these days and that given everyday stuff, they can make up games that are much cooler than anything Fisher Price or Nintendo could come up with. Despite the fact that my kids have way too much stuff, much of it purchased by Dave and I, I generally agree with Frank.

Case in point: the garden hose. Playing with the hose was one of my favorite summer games when I was a little girl. My kids are continuing the family tradition. For the past week or so it has been super hot, more like August than May, and our kids have been having a blast just horsing around in the yard with nothing more than the hose. While some parental intervention has been needed to help Kara and Jamie comply with the "take turns" rule, they have been pretty self-contained.

Making water rainbows.

Making "rainstorms".

It took Jamie about 5 minutes to figure out how to spray his sister.

Armed and dangerous.

No comments:

Post a Comment